Sunday, October 19, 2008

Word of Mouth Monday --Tribes & #GNO

This word of Mouth Monday is brought to you by Seth Godin's latest and greatest book, Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us ".


It just came in the mail and it's all I can do to not run to my room, fake a fever and read all night. Two things would happen, one, I'd be done with the book in a couple hours and two, I'd have to miss my meeting tonight. So, you're in luck when I tell you I am going to post this Word of Mouth a little early and get to my meeting and read up the rest of this delicious book tomorrow while everyone is at school!

The book is about leadership, joining, belonging and following as well. All this social media is charming, but how do you put it all together? Where do you fit in and where have your found your kind of peeps?

My Word of Mouth Monday today is about this fantastic phenomenon Twitter, but more specifically Girls Night Out that happens every Tuesday night. (I'm by NO means any sort of expert on Twitter, although I did take this great Twitter webinar last week.) I'm going to link here to a few different places for you to find out more about Girls' Night Out or #gno which is what you put into each Tweet on Tuesday nights to follow along with the other amazing women who show up to connect, network and just chat with the girls. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to join in on Tuesday's Twitter GNO. Really, I'll be totally honest and tell you that it is a bit overwhelming at first, but if you hang in there with a sense of humor, you'll get the hang of it too!

Twitter GNO Button
Hosted by:
Carissa @ GoodNCrazy and Jyl @ MommyGossip


Then after I was on GNO for a bit I also went to check out Twittermoms.com, holy cow, a whole new world over there! You can find me at Twittermoms by clicking on the link below. So fun for this techie geek!

If you have your own Word of Mouth topic, go ahead and link to it in the comments section! I'm not going to bother Mr. Linky this week, he's getting upset with me.


View my page on twitter moms


2 comments:

  1. Hey Thanks for sharing about us!

    I sent you a DM through twitmoms giving you a 'preview' of the new GNO site?!

    See you tomorrow!

    Mr. Linky RSVP will be up on my site later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting...I may try tomorrow after Bible study.

    My WOMM is just a shout out to HG who turns 18 today. I'm gathering birthday wishes for her!

    http://headlessfamily5.blogspot.com/2008/10/its-birthday.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete