Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Absense Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

I know you all have been missing me something fierce. I went on a short jaunt to DC for a leadership conference. I am home now, can you tell I'm a leader? Do I sound more leaderish? Let me tell you I made a leaderish decision tonight. Daddy is at work and clearly is punishing me by not having gone to the grocery store while I was gone. So, being the leader I am I decided it is hot dog, pizza pocket night for dinner. I threw some canned pears in to balance it all out and called it good. THAT is something a leader would do and I feel good about it, hungry, but good.

While I was gone - near as I can tell =this is what transpired: stay up late, eat out, play, sleep. I am sure if my husband could figure out how to post a comment he would let us all in on what REALLY happened while I was gone. But, since I have my doubts and this is MY blog, I can tell you all the one sided version... the. only.one.that.matters.mine.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back!

    I think it would be worse at my house since it rarely happens that I'm gone and everyone else is home. When I went to my grandmother's funeral in January you'd have thought I was gone for a month.

    It was only 2 nights. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is you are better off that they DIDN'T go to the store. Hubby and BabyAm at the store together = serious checkbook damage.

    At the grocery store they filled TWO carts (there are only 3 of us in this house) and at Costco one of their trips was a $500 trip...

    Do NOT let anyone do the shopping without you...or you will absolutely be out your latte, purse or shoe money for MONTHS.

    Hot Dogs, Pizza Pockets and Pears are just fine, trust me! :) I think it's a great combo!

    ReplyDelete